The Branch is responsible for promoting the export and operating the representative offices abroad. For that purpose it is divided into regional desks which operate a chain of professional commercial attachés around the world. The geographic desks include the following areas: Europe (1+2), America, Asia-Pacific and Africa, India-China, The Middle East and North Africa.
The activity includes, among other things, the following activities:
- Operating the economic representatives’ arrangement.
- Setting policy and priorities for the activity in the countries.
- Promoting the economic and trade relations with the countries under its responsibility.
- Organizing and handling business and/or governmental delegations to the country and from it.
- Supervising and controlling activity, personnel and budgets of the economic representative office.
- Issuing publicity material for distribution abroad, for presenting the economic-industrial potential of Israel.
- Preparing regional and branch surveys for the use of the exporters.
- Hosting foreign journalists in Israel and accompanying them through their visit in the industry.
- Conducting seminars and meetings with businessmen in Israel and abroad.
- Participating in commercial exhibitions of the field around the world.
Alongside the geographic departments there are also the Foreign Relations and Official Guests Department, as well as the Department for Foreign Trade Budgets and Export Registration.
In the Administration there is also the Trade Levies Unit. Its role is to protect local production against substantial injury caused by competing imports and/or dumped imports and preventing damage to the field by imposing trade levies.